This is one of the top searches on most health websites.
And one that we get asked regularly here at Vitropics.
And for good reason!
When you spend money on a new supplement, you want to know when it will start to pay off and when you will start to feel better.
Supplements can do amazing things for our health and wellbeing IF we remember to take them every day. If we don’t take them consistently, then we might not see the benefits they can have. Here is why...
Why Should I Take a Daily Supplement?
Be honest – when was the last time you ate your suggested five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day?
Despite our best efforts to eat a balanced diet, many of us fall short of the recommended daily amount of certain nutrients.
In fact, in Ireland, deficiencies of vitamin D, Iron, Folate & B12 are common, especially among women.
Many people turn to dietary supplements to get their recommended intake of those missing nutrients.
Supplements can be used to fill in nutritional gaps in your diet and may be especially beneficial for certain groups of people (including pregnant women, menopausal women, vegans, vegetarians and those with food allergies) who may need higher levels of certain nutrients or whose diets may restrict the intake of certain nutrients.
It takes time to build up nutrient levels in the body and in some cases, vitamins cannot be stored in the body so regular supplementation is required to provide a constant supply of nutrients.
The Benefits of Taking a Daily Supplement
Quality supplements like Triumph only work when you take them, consistently.
So many of our customers have said that when they are consistent with taking care of their health, their mood follows suit and they are just generally happier, healthier, versions of themselves!
By taking Triumph daily, you are providing vital support for your:
- Immune Health
- Energy Levels
- Hormonal balance
- Hair, Skin & Nails
- Cognitive Function
- Heart Health
As well as the powerful physical health benefits, taking a supplement is a great way to do something for yourself each day- unfortunately, something that so many of us forget to do or feel guilty about doing!
Do I Need To Take A Supplement At The Same Time Every Day?
There is no WRONG time to take vitamins in terms of impacting your health. But some vitamins are best when taken at certain times of the day. For example, water-soluble vitamins, like vitamin C and B, are best in the morning.
We recommend taking Triumph in the morning, after breakfast.
This can help your body digest the high dosage of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and herbals contained within each daily sachet & tablet and allows you to reap the most benefits throughout your day.
Factors That Influence How Quickly a Supplement Takes to Work
Firstly, let’s look at what we mean by “work”.
When we say that a supplement “works”, we mean that it has been readily digested and utilised by your body.
Think of it this way...
Your body has multiple stores of nutrients that it maintains for different functions.
Think of these stores as “nutrient pools”. When your “nutrient pool” is empty, your body doesn’t have what it needs to carry out the vital functions and processes. When this occurs, it is known as a “nutrient deficiency”.
For example, if you have low amounts of iron in your body (which can lead to extreme fatigue, low mood and hair loss), when you start taking Iron and see these issues go away or lessen, then this would mean that your supplement is “working” for you.
How soon supplements start to work varies from person to person and depends on many factors:
- Your Deficiency Level: This takes into account how deficient you are to begin with. The more deficient you are, the longer it may take to build up your nutrient levels.
- The Supplement Dosage: All nutrients have a recommended dosage, which has been researched and formulated by experts. It’s important to keep to this so that you get enough of each. Our monthly cycle supplement Triumph contains a balanced formulation of 55 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and herbs to keep you feeling your best each day.
- The Supplement’s Quality: It’s important to remember that not all supplements are created equally. At Vitropics, we source the highest quality bioavailable nutrients to create powerful formulations that change throughout the 3 phases of your menstrual cycle. Delivering what you need, as you need it most!
- Your Body’s Absorption Rate: The body can only absorb so much at a time which is why taking megadoses of any nutrient is a waste of time and money.
- Your Diet: Remember that supplement means “in addition to,” not “in place of”. The nutrients we need for health are the same ones, intended to get from our food. It’s important to pair your supplemental efforts with a healthy, sustainable diet.
- How Consistent you are: While forgetting your supplement every now and again won’t do any harm, it’s important to keep this habit consistent. Think of it as a fitness regime. The more you exercise, the better results you will see!
How To Remember to Take Your Supplements
On top of everything else in our busy lives, remembering to take your vitamins can be a challenge. So here are the 3 things that we do each day to help us to remember:
- Be Consistent: Aim to take your vitamins at the same time every day so that it becomes routine. We recommend taking Triumph after your breakfast so that you can reap the most benefits and take advantage of those feel-good effects throughout the day.
- Show Them Off: Keep your supplements "top of mind" by storing them on show. We designed Triumph as a “one-box solution” meaning you no longer need those annoying pillboxes or crammed medicine cupboards. We find keeping your box of Triumph on your kitchen counter or desk works as a daily prompt.
- Streamline Them: For many people, the volume of supplements can present a challenge. Would you have an easier time remembering to take all of your supplements if you were taking fewer of them? Triumph contains 55 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and herbals all in just 1 sachet & 1 tablet daily.
As with most things in life, it’s important to find a balance. This includes a lifestyle and supplement plan that works for you!
To Triumph every day, we believe you should eat well, move your body, get quality sleep and take your supplements consistently.
And before you know it, just like Ross and Rachel, it'll all eventually come together.
If you enjoyed this blog, why not check out some of our similar posts:
- 5 Realistic Daily Habits Inspired by Successful Women
- Exhausted? How to Battle Burnout with these 7 Simple Lifestyle Habits
- Feeling Stressed? This Fuss-Free Morning Routine Will Help Restore Calm